BOMBER, SHOES AND THE LIPSTICK BLUES



University deadlines, a new obsession with Gossip Girl and christmas festivities, resulted in a serious lack of blog posts... but I'm back bitches. Now that I'm only at uni 2 days a week, I have a lot of spare time on my hands. This means I am motivated to get back into the swing of things and start blogging regularly again. Obviously, a few months away from blogging means that I have somewhat been flittering my money and shopping *oops*. I thought I would share with you a handful of my favourite purchases that I've been non stop loving.

For someone that wears a lot of black, white and grey.. khaki is somewhat a 'pop of colour' for me. Looking through my wardrobe, I had a serious lack of colour and jackets... so what better than this Topshop bomber? I instantly fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on and felt bad ass too (I've seen photos of Kylie Jenner wearing it).

Confession: I have an obsession with black boots... I own far too many than what I actually need (I'm not the only one that does this, am I right?). My favourite pair at the moment are from H&M. They are my idea of the 'perfect' black boot. The heel instantly makes any outfit look 10x better and are perfect for the day and night. 



Of course, I visited MAC (shock). I was beginning to run out of my fav lippy and hadn't bought one in ages... the lipstick blues had began. Luckily, I had a voucher to spend so this was the perfect opportunity to indulge. I replaced my fav (Captive) and welcomed Twig to my never ending collection. 
Captive is almost identical to Plumful, which was in my on a bad day there is always lipstick post but Captive's satin finish means that it lasts a lot longer. I found that Plumful came off after eating etc so I decided to replace it with a similar lipstick that had more staying power. Captive's finish is slightly matte with a little bit of sheen so it doesn't dry out your lips completely. It is very pigmented and the pinky, burgundy, red colour is perfect for everyday wear, especially for Autumn/Winter.
Twig also has the same satin finish but with a deep dusty rose colour that has a hint of brown. I did order this lipstick online without seeing the colour in person first (risky). I was attempting to start wearing a dark nude colour, however it was a little more dark than I expected. I still love the colour and I have been wearing it every day since!  


Items shown:

Black Heeled Boots - H&M

With love,
Katie xo

2 comments

  1. Absolutely in love with your bomber jacket! It looks so nice and seems reasonably priced too- such a nice outfit :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/grunge-makeup-inspired-by-emma-cervin.html

    ReplyDelete