NEW BEAUTY PURCHASES


I'm back with another beauty post (can I get an amen)! I am currently going through a make up obsession and I've decided to become a little more experimental with what I buy. I'm the sort of person that once I find a product that I love, I won't venture out and try other things. Well I've decided enough is enough and to stop sticking to the same old beauty regime every day. 

I must say, it's taken me a hell of a long time to jump on the beauty blender wagon. I tried this for the first time today and oh my god, i'm in love. It really helped to blend my foundation more and to give a flawless base. I'm a massive fan of real techniques brushes so when I went into boots to buy a beauty blender, there was no hesitation to add this one to my collection. 

This is probably one of the most talked about eyebrow products of the moment. I follow Anastasia Beverly Hills on Instagram and I'm forever drooling over the amazing eyebrows that are on my feed. At the moment I fill my brows in with eye shadow and although it's quick and easy, I prefer the look that this creamy formula gives. However, I have been warned by my friends that it's easy to use too much product and you can end up with a scouse brow. I can imagine this to take time to perfect and to get used to! 

As I was buying dipbrow, I had the perfect excuse to buy a new brush to go with it! I've heard good things about ZOEVA and have wanted their rose gold brushes for ages, but as they didn't have any of those on BeautyBay, I thought I'd go for their standard brow line brush. It's a short, angled brush that makes brow colour application a lot easier. The brush is super soft and I thought it was fairly cheap aswell! 

This was the one product out of my new purchases that is probably the most experimental for me. I never ever buy foundations as I am so comfortable with what I use at the moment. I watched youtube tutorials on this beforehand and the coverage looked flawless. What I liked most about this product was that on the back of the tube it indicated what coverage, texture and finish it was. High coverage, medium texture and a matte finish. HOWEVER, I did manage to very quickly try this yesterday and found it a little too drying on my skin (far too matte for me). So I think I should of bought the non matte finish foundation. It also claims to last 24 hours (but who wears their make up for that long?)

I visited Topshop looking for the lipstick shade Innocent but found that it was a little too baby pink and I much preferred this shade instead. It is a very close dupe to my MAC 'Mehr' (which is my every day shade atm). Devotion is a dusky pink/mauve sort of colour which is my favvvv sort of colour for lipsticks at the moment (In the photo above it looks a lot more red, I apologise! Click on the link above to see the correct shade). The texture is fairly creamy in comparison to my MAC lippy which is matte, so I don't think it is going to last as long on the lips but I shall give it a go! I'd much rather pay £8 for a lipstick than £15.50 (MAC seem to be slyly increasing their prices).

I'm super excited to try all of these! I shall let you all know if any of them wow me! Have you bought any new products lately that you wouldn't usually buy? 

With love,
Katie xo

12 comments

  1. The Topshop lipstick is such a gorgeous shade! X

    http://oliviaredfern.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so perfect for everyday wear, defo recommend xo

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try that LOreal foundation, I think that it would work well on my skin and not be too drying as my skin can get quite oily!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try, might be perf for you xx

      Delete
  3. Nice purchases! I've had my eye on the Anastasia Dipbrow pomade for a while, let us know what you think!
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it every day now I love it! I'd recommend the brush I bought to go with it too xxx

      Delete
  4. Love that lipstick ! Its color is amazing. Nice purchases !

    If you need more support, follow me on GFC, I'll you follow back.

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo the topshop liptick is perfection. I absolutely love it.

    www.chichicaramel.com

    ReplyDelete