HOW TO GET GORGEOUS LOOKING LIPS FOR UNDER £5


I recently watched one of my new favourite Youtubers videos (Brittney Lee Saunders) where she made a lip swatch video featuring Maybellines Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils. I was instantly sold and headed to boots the next day to grab 3 of my favourite shades. Can we just take a moment to appreciate that these beauties are only £4.99! Now who doesn't get ridiculously happy when they find an amazing product for under a fiver? Because I know I certainly do! 


I picked up the three shades (top to bottom) Berry Much, Minimalist and Nude Perfection. These are the sort of colours that I always gravitate towards as I know they suit me, so no surprise shades like orange for you guys today *shock*! My favourite shade out of the three has to be Berry Much. I've recently rekindled my love for berry lips - oh how I've missed wearing this colour! I love wearing a berry lip when I'm wearing khaki, it is the perfect combo! Minimalist is more of a dark pink and Nude Perfection is such an amazing dupe for Mac's Velvet Teddy (it's quarter the price too... bonus). With 10 shades in the collection you are bound to find a shade that suits you!

 The lip pencils have a creamy texture and glide so easily across the lip yet give a lovely matte finish. Normally, when I find a lip product to be quite creamy, I find that it can be quite sheer... However, these pencils are super pigmented... One coat and you are set to go with no reapplying for around 4 hours. The stay power is amazing - I can eat and drink and my lips will still be looking flawless (especially with the darker shades). 

I love that it is practically a lipstick formula in the form of a lip pencil. I feel that the sharp point of the pencil allows me to apply the product a lot more precisely (with a steady hand lol). Although, one concern of mine is having to sharpen them, I would much prefer maybe a twist up or something. However, sharpening them will allow you to keep that sharp edge giving a more consistent professional crisp finish!

I would also recommend moisturising or exfoliating your lips before hand to get the best outcome possible. These are defo my new favourite lip products at the moment!!

Have you tried these? What is your favourite shade?

With love,
Katie xo

10 comments

  1. I LOVE these amazing lipsticks!!
    I have the middle one pictured - I love it, so easy to apply. Love the other shades you picked up - might have just sold me on buying them ones!

    Chloe // chloexlogan.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed!! Defo pick up the other ones the next time you're in boots - I think its still buy one get one half price on Maybelline (the perfect excuse) ;) xo

      Delete
  2. I adore this range! Especially Nude Perfection and Red Essential!

    Lauren x | www.laurenselwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I might have to check out Red Essential! xo

      Delete
  3. I have Minimalist but I just don't get on with it, the brighter ones seem more creamy to me and Berry Much looks gorgeous!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats such a shame that you don't like it!! Yes Berry Much is my fav xo

      Delete
  4. Wow these look really impressive, I love lip liners like these!

    NJCDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittney is definitely one of my favourites youtubers too, she's so funny! You picked up some gorgeous shades, I definitely need to try some for myself!!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG they look amazing i'm definitely going to go buy some next time i'm out shopping (probably very soon haha!) Great post thank you xx

    www.BrightDreamerz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete